Winter weather can bring poor road conditions that cause damage to your vehicle and hinder it from running efficiently. This week, Quanz Auto Body shares tips for you to protect your car this winter with easy maintenance anyone can perform.
Protect your Car
There are simple maintenance tasks you can perform to keep your car protected from ice, snow and other winter elements that can produce a detrimental effect on your vehicle. We recommend doing the following to keep your vehicle running its best during our 2014/2015 winter:
- Inspect Splashguards. Make sure your splashguards for your wheel-wells aren’t missing or damaged. These protect your engine from salt and slush off the roads from entering and causing damage to the sensitive electrical pieces.
- Touch up Scratches. Make sure you touch up scratches or other nicks and dings in your vehicle’s paint before rust begins to form. Rust makes it almost impossible for paint to adhere well. If you aren’t comfortable with doing the paint touch-up yourself, call Quanz Auto Body in Albuquerque and we will take care of it for you.
- Fill your Fluids. Make sure all fluids are filled and have the correct fluid in them. Many people skimp on this maintenance and add water to the windshield washer reservoir instead. This can freeze in cold weather and damage the system. Also, running your windshield fluid when it is empty can damage the pump.
- Wash your Car. Winter weather brings sand, grit, ice, salt and more that can cause rusting, chipped paint and damage to electrical and mechanical parts. When washing your car, make sure you clean the undercarriage of your vehicle well as bumpers and the insides of wheel wells are highly susceptible to rust.
- Wax On. If you want to truly preserve your paintjob and the exterior of your vehicle this winter, get your car waxed. This provides a barrier that slows oxidation and guards against bird droppings, tree sap, pollution, ice damages and more. We recommend adding an extra coat to your hood where the wax can wear away more quickly.
Keeping your vehicle safe from the winter weather elements is important for any driver. For mechanical needs and tune-ups, Quanz Auto Body in Albuquerque has you covered. We are certified and experienced to work on any make or model of vehicle. Bring your car by today, no appointment necessary, and let us make it better.