Selling your car may not seem that difficult, but getting the most money isn’t an easy feat. Quanz Auto Body shares some tips with you for selling your vehicle the right way, so you can earn the most money back.
Tips to Get the Most Cash
Maybe you are shopping for a new car or you just have a vehicle on your hands that you no longer need. No problem. Our tips will help you get the most bang for your buck when selling a vehicle. To get you motivated, here are some simple ideas to get the most money for your care:
1. Evaluate the vehicle’s condition and fix what makes financial sense. Easy cosmetic changes such as paint touch-ups, washing and detailing, fixing dents, cracks or chips can be far less expensive than replacing entire parts that are causing issues. This will increase the value of your car and make it easier to sell.
2. Show it off. Clean your car and feature it prominently in places that get heavy traffic such as online websites, popular streets, trade magazines and more. By showcasing your vehicle after it has been cleaned and fixed, you will attract more potential buyers.
3. Sell it directly to an individual. This may take more time and effort, but the payoff is usually worth it. This option will usually bring in the highest price for your car. Be prepared to negotiate prices and to deal with strangers, so keep safety in mind and always meet in a public place rather than a personal home or office.
4. Have all of the paperwork ready. When you want to sell your vehicle, you will need to make sure that you have the service records that include repairs and maintenance work. You will also want to have a vehicle history report such as a CARFAX report. You can obtain this report by having your local MVD run your VIN (vehicle identification number). This is useful information your buyer will want to know.
5. Determine the true value. Find out how much your car is actually worth by having a professional inspect it or by checking out a source like Kelley Blue Book. This will help you determine the price you want to try and sell it at.
Quanz Auto Body wants to help you receive the best monetary compensation for your vehicle when you try to sell it. Bring it by one of our locations and let us help you out by performing detail work and more if needed. You never need an appointment when you work with us. Stop by anytime!