Sometimes new isn’t always better, even when it comes to cars. So is it worth it to buy a used car instead of a new car when it comes time to change vehicles? The experts at Quanz Auto Body in Albuquerque, New Mexico explore this topic in this week’s blog.
Why Buy Used?
The used-car market has changed drastically over the last couple of decades, making late-model used cars worth the value. These vehicles are made better than their predecessors with upgrades in technology and vehicle maintenance. Here are a few reasons why buying used may be right for you:
- Savings. With the new used-car superstores out there like CarMax and others, there are huge inventories to browse. If you decide to go with a 3-year-old model rather than a new vehicle, you could save as much as 30 to 40% in cost.
- Value. When a new car leaves its lot, the value depreciates greatly by thousands of dollars.
- Certified pre-owned. More and more manufacturers these days offer “certified pre-owned” vehicles that are subjected to a strict inspection and repair process.
- Lower Insurance Costs. New vehicles automatically come with high insurance costs to cover them. With a used, you will not need full coverage unless you ask for it.
- Lower Registration Costs. Registration fees are often based off the vehicle’s transaction price. By purchasing a used car, you are lowering this rate.
Purchasing a used car may not always be in your best interest, but it is often a great investment if you are purchasing a starter vehicle. Most used cars come with reports stating any repair work or accidents they have been in and often come with a renewed warranty from the dealer or manufacturer.
No matter what make or model you end up purchasing, the experts at Quanz Auto Body in Albuquerque, New Mexico can service your used vehicle keeping it at optimal performance and maximizing the value of the vehicle.