If you’ve had the misfortune of having a car accident, often you will go to the repair shop your insurance company directs you to. But that may not always be your best choice. Insurance companies are in the business of making money, and sometimes that can come at the expense of quality repairs.
For your auto body repair, you should insist on an OEM-certified shop like Quanz Auto Body.
Understanding OEM Shop Certification
OEM certification is a certification bestowed by a car manufacturer to a repair shop that meets their standards for:
- Technician training to ensure technicians know the protocols and processes to repair a specific make and model of vehicle
- Tooling to ensure the shop has the right machines and tools to perform repairs to the auto maker’s specification
- Equipment to ensure that original equipment manufacturer parts are used so that a repaired vehicle maintains the same capabilities, performance and safety assurances
Each auto maker has their own certification requirements, and shops invest tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars to earn and maintain OEM certifications.
How OEM Certification Benefits You
Experts in the auto industry view OEM certifications as a “culture shift” in collision repair because it marks a distinct separation from the mindset that has largely dominated the auto body repair industry—the mindset that, “We’ve been doing this for X-number of years. We know what we’re doing; we don’t need to change anything.”
But even if an auto body repair shop is not willing to change, you can be sure that technology in the automotive industry will…and does at a dizzying pace. OEM certification ensures that shops are keeping pace with those changes. A shop cannot get OEM certification once and then rest on the laurels of that achievement. To maintain certification, they need to continually update their training and technology/tooling.
A shop that continues to learn and evolve benefits you, the car owner/driver because:
- Your repairs will restore your vehicle to manufacturer specifications, which ensures the highest possible safety standards and performance.
- Your repairs will be done the right way the first time, sparing you the expense and inconvenience of subsequent visits to your collision repair shop and/or taking your car to another shop to redo work that wasn’t done right the first time.
- Your repairs can preserve, possibly extend, the useful life of your vehicle, allowing you to drive it longer and/or get top-dollar for it at trade-in or sale.
Perhaps most importantly, OEM certification gives you peace of mind. When you choose an OEM-certified auto body collision repair shop, you aren’t just taking their word for the quality of their work. Their quality claims are backed up by a third-party that will not compromise its standards because the auto maker’s reputation is on the line, too.
Your Choice for OEM Certified Shop in Albuquerque
When you need quality auto body repair, you need Quanz Auto Body. We are an OEM-certified shop for:
- Profirst Honda
We are also a direct repair partner for several major insurers, including:
- State Farm